Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Strain Is Coming To TV!

http://mattedscreen.blogspot.com
this is my creepy excited face
Okay I am a moderate reader. I pick up a book here and there, I get through it quick, and then I go back to reading my comic books. I rarely ever go into a "series" - they're just not my thing. They require long term commitment and then you run the risk of having one single chapter of the series suck and then throw the game off for the rest of the books - see Stephen King's intermittently amazing and infuriating The Dark Tower books whose last chapters were really kinda bad. To the point that King is reportedly in the process of rewriting them since even he wasn't happy with how they turned out. That said, Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan's three part vampire apocalypse series The Strain was friggen amazing! Start to finish it was suspenseful, creepy, action packed and would make for one hell of a frighteningly awesome set of movies. Well it just so happens we are now getting The Strain as a frighteningly awesome TV series instead! I've known this was coming for some time, and the actual air date isn't until July, but the FX channel has been ever so kind to give us a deliciously awesome teaser! It's short, it's dark, it's grim, and damn - July can't come fast enough! So here is the first official The Strain teaser for your enjoyment:


Like I said, short, but awesome! I can not wait. If you haven't read the books, I highly recommend that you do so ASAP. I don't know how far they're deviating from the source with this show, probably not much since it is supposed to be a limited series of only a couple seasons, but still, they're great reads and well worth your time and effort! Seriously bounce over to Amazon - they're pretty cheep, or even better yet, check them out from your local library and put your tax dollars to good use!

While you're enjoying that, I have to go run some errands, but don't you worry your pretty little noggins none - I'll be back later with a 3D Blu-Ray review of the original Vincent Price fright fest House of Wax! See you then good people of the internet land!

No comments: