Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday 6/28

It's Friday! About Damn Time Right Folks?

TGIF! Long week for a lot of people it seems. It's been extremely hot here in Denver, and then my home town of Ann Arbor Michigan is flooding! Talk about living on the two ends of the weather spectrum! So if you're boiling out there, try and stay cool, and if you're water logged, I hope you're high and dry and no damage done. I feel this is an appropriate item to bring a little cheer into your day:
there now, don't you feel better?

It's going to have to be a quick day today, I've got quite a lot to get through. I caught Monsters University yesterday, and in a nut shell this is about how I felt about it:
In grand Pixar fashion, it does not fail to entertain! Shortly I will have my review up on Flick Show Ticket. But to make today even more interesting for you fine folks I will be putting up my review of the 3D Blu-Ray for Monsters Inc. onto Into The 3rd Dimension as well! So if you're a fan of Sully and Mike, you're not going to want to miss those! In case you missed it yesterday, here is my review for Joss Whedon's adaptation for Much Ado About Nothing. Moving along...

MUSCLEMEN MOVIE NEWS!!!!
In case you missed it, the first trailer for Escape Plan came out! What is Escape Plan? Well it has Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone as two convicts attempting to break out of the prison. Stallone happens to be innocently sent to the "worst place on earth" while Arnold is the prison heavy no one screws with. Also Jim "Jesus" Caviezel is along for the ride as the corrupt warden. Check out the trailer to see the macho shenanigans for yourself! 


It looks like a high octane version of Sneakers meets Stallone's own 80's "classic" Lockdown, which oddly enough, works for me! This is the kind of movie these guys made 25 years ago when I was a kid and wasn't allowed to see these movies in theaters without being accompanied by a parent. Stallone looks to be in fine form, and it's a nice departure from the Expendables movies. And I dig the beard on Ah-Nuld. He's got the right amount of grizzle going to make me believe he's been locked up for a while and would do just about anything it takes to get out. Plus, no one can deliver a line like "If I don't get out of here, I'm going to kill you." quite like the Austrian Oak. It's really nice to see him getting comfortable with doing what he always did best. And after his recent The Last Stand, I will be giving this one a shot!

SPEAKING OF ARNOLD NEWS!!!

Terminator 5 or whatever the hell they're going to call it, is a go! I know I reported about this earlier, but hey, nothing is a go in Hollywood until there is a premature release date given. For T5, producing studio Paramount has determined that great day is June 26th 2015! According to the press release, this is going to be the first part of a new "reboot" trilogy of movies. Yeah, you read that right, this should have little to no connective tissue to the past events of the previous 4 Terminator films. Which is good by me, considering how T3 and Terminator Salvation turned out. What concerns me more is the level of involvement Arnold S is going to have going forward. The guy isn't getting younger. In recent efforts on screen he's proven he's still got the chops for the grunt work of being the neigh-indestructible death machine, but if this is the first of a trilogy that doesn't get released for 2 more years, I gotta wonder if Arnold's legs will hold out. Arnold will be nearly 68 years old when this new movie is even released in theaters. Can't help but be impressed by the guy's enthusiasm.

God I talk about those two guys a lot... I must be a child of the 80's. Moving along now... 

DID SONY PICTURES NOT GET THE JOKE NEWS?!!!!


I wish I was kidding when I say this... Sony... is going to make... a Captain Planet movie. I know right? Earth! Air! Fire! Water! WTF Captain Planet? I guess they didn't see this video from Funny or Die, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo for some reason they turned off embedding on this video... I am so sorry you have to navigate away from my page... I know it hurts to leave but you can come back when you're done! I'll still be here! This could be a complete disaster of a movie, unless of course they're in on the joke and they're going to "Anchorman" it and just make it an absurd comedy. I'd be all for that. Even as a kid, I could never get into that cartoon. I think I only ever watched it because it was slung in between two awesome shows like Ninja Turtles and something more entertaining. I think I watched a lot of Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers back then... why don't they turn that into a movie?

That's it for today ladies and germs, Like I mentioned before I got to get to work on my reviews for Monsters University and the 3D Blu-ray of Monsters Inc. so expect those very shortly. ON TOP of all that, Im catching a midnight screening of Samurai Cop so expect a rare weekend Flick Show Ticket review of that. PLUS - I have my next trailer mash-up to prepare...it's going to be epic...EPIC I TELL YOU! Until Monday Dear Readers, remember if you want to be dependable you gotta wear Depends. Sure it might seem odd wearing adult diapers, but think about Batman and Superman... You've never seen them leave a fight that determines the fate of all humanity to go use the men's room, have you? Be like Superman and Batman, stay Dependable!

No comments: