Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday 6/27

Thursday, The Day That Thinks it's as Cool as Friday But isn't

Morning good folks! My cat has decided in recent days that he is an opera singer. He's quite good really, his vibrato has real power and he commands the full registers of baritone and soprano. It's really quite impressive actually. In reality he sounds more like Tiny Tim singing Tiptoe Through the Tulips. Which is fine, I just wish that he didn't feel like 5:00 in the morning was an appropriate time for rehearsals...with that, if there are an abundance of misspelled words or odd turns of phrase that don't make a lick of sense in today's post... now you know why.
sorry to do that to you, but misery loves company...

HOLY BLU-RAY NEWS BATMAN!

 ALLLLLrighty then... It seems in addition to The Dark Knight Trilogy that is already in stores, there is another deluxe set in the works for Christopher Nolan's seminal trilogy of Bat films...at least in Europe. (UPDATED) fixed the dead pictures, Not sure what happened there.


not bad... not bad... but I hope there is a version without all the extras, I just want quality versions of the movies!

Well hello mister fancy pants! Pictures are from /Film so if you're so inclined, you can get the full juice over there. But in a nutshell, it looks to be a NINE disc set, at least maybe that's the DVD edition, not the blu-ray? Either way you slice it, there looks to be a new set of the films conveniently timed to coincide with the home video release of Man of Steel. At least that's my bet. Why sell one Nolan movie when you could sell FOUR? THERE are absolutely NO details about special features and what not. It looks like the only really NEW thing worth getting are the miniature BAT-Vehicles that have appeared throughout the films. I love toys as  much as the next immature adult, but unless they give Batman Begins a full remaster, this will be a pass for me. It's the worst kind of double dip when they do nothing to improve the actual film watching experience and distract you with trinkets of deceit. Moving along...

DANIEL DAY LEWIS RUNS - THE MOVIE NEWS! 

 That's right dear readers, it seems that the FX channel has got it in their heads to do a limited series i.e. mini series of the James Fenimore Cooper classic novel The Last of the Mohicans. Will Daniel D get to break out his minimalist running shoes and zip through the woods while hunting Elk? Probably not. But, given that the 1992 movie was wildly divergent from the book in terms of pace, story structure, and what characters actually survive the adventure, this little opus might be worth taking a look at. Interestingly Chris Crowe who co-wrote the original 1992 adventure film has been tapped to co-write this one as well. Now if they could license that original score, I would be a happy, happy man! As it sits, no word on who is taking up the mantle of Hawkeye or any of the other characters, nor is there anyone attached to direct. I hope this project stays alive, no matter what occurs! No matter how long the pre-production takes, no matter how big a budget, I will watch it! I gotta tip my hat to FX for being willing to aggressively pursue top flight original content. Justified is one of my all time favorite shows, I caught a few episodes of The Americans and dug that, and American Horror Story is genuinely a creepy show, so I have high hopes for this one. Onward!

AMAZING MUSCLEY MARVEL NON-NEWS NEWS!!! 

OMG! OMG! Did you hear! Did you hear! OMG! Marvel wants to talk... to Vin Diesel! Doesn't that just blow your hair back! I mean, they...want to talk... to Vin Diesel!... Why is the internet world going apeshit about this? I have no damn clue. Really!?! That's it. Rumors are running amok that he's going to be the villain in Avengers 2, maybe he's going to be the villain in Avengers 3! Maybe they just want to take the guy out for a cup of coffee considering the successes he's had with Fast and Furious 6 and a new Riddick Movie coming up? But seriously, fellow nerds... cool your shit kids. Until they say he's replacing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine or they're going to make him Black Panther or something, there is no news to report. I dig Vin, even though most of the movies he's been in have been kinda crap, he's always given it his all and there is an undeniable charm to the man and he would be a natural musclebound fit in the Marvel Universe, so I refuse to get excited about nothing until there is something. Skipping to the end...

Well not quite the end; but my wife handed me this one yesterday and because my internet was all kinds of jacked, I didn't see it until this morning. So if you need something funny that is ever so slightly political, check out The Running of the Interns! Be sure to turn the music all the way up!

Well that is about it for today ladies and gents. I caught a screening of the incredibly charming Joss Whedon adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing last night, so I will be getting to work on my Flick Show Ticket Review of that and should have it up by the afternoon! I am also going to attempt to get out and see Monsters University today too, so lots to do, less time to do it, I better get going now. So long, fair thee well, and remember Dear Readers, just because you don't use it, doesn't mean you're going to lose it, you gotta use that treadmill or expensive gym membership to burn the fat.


No comments: