Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday 7/8

Monday...Rinse Wash Repeat

How were people's weekends? No international incidents? No major citywide destruction as you fly about smashing an evil supervillain who also happens to be the last citizen of your destroyed home planet through and into sides of buildings causing untold amounts of collateral damage? No? That's good! Then you did the weekend right!



Well a bit of a milestone passed by me over the last week and I didn't even notice it until a couple days ago. Last Wednesday just happened to be the one month anniversary of the official start of this blog! Damn does time zip by fast. It also sounds like we just started dating - "We have been going now for One Month, Three Days, 4 Hours and like 17 minutes!" I want to thank everyone for reading each day, it's been really exciting to see my daily view numbers creep up, up and up! I've gotten readers from Russia, the UK, Ireland, Australia, the Netherlands, Brazil, Chile, and last but not least Germany, Hungary, and Denmark - My People! Hello extended family that doesn't know me! It's a pretty damn great feeling knowing your weird random thoughts and musings are being enjoyed by people all over the world...even if it's really like 20-30 people...it still counts! Keep reading, and I'll keep writing! ONWARDS!!!!




Awesome Movie Trailer!

I dig movies; can't you tell? I especially love the ones with a little moral message tossed into the fray of a sci-fi epic, or grisly horror movie. Snowpiercer looks to be one such movie. Check out the trailer for yourself:

Looks pretty decent, a bit on the nose using rail transportation as a means to highlight class warfare but could be entertaining. I dig the cast, I spotted John Hurt in there, Tilda Swinton is always awesome and Chris Evans, like in Sunshine is seemingly at his best when he's bearded. Did you see Sunshine? Check it out if you haven't, worth the time. Also as someone that frequently took the Amtrak from Ann Arbor to Chicago; I understand the need to break out of your compartment! NEXT!



More From Comic Con! 


The Hollywood studios that own Comic Con now have disclosed the schedule of movie panels. Interesting attendees include the new Godzilla, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I Frankenstein, Seventh Son, and Chris Hardwick of The Nerdist, all will have a presence at the Con in some fashion. I hope that this means we'll be getting some first real footage out of Godzilla, and Captain America 2. SO when the con gets rolling next week, get ready for a steady stream of trailers and juicy new details! - I really tried to find an "official" pic of Godzilla for this post but none are to be found, even the rumored ones have been taken down by Legendary Pictures so lets hope we get our first official view of the big guy soon! - Still, gotta dig the updated look for Captain America!


Special Feature News!
Check in on Into the 3rd Dimension while you're reading, I have my review for the 3D Blu-ray of Jurassic Park up for your enjoyment! It's big and lots of fun, and if you have a 3D TV, worth the investment!

Other super HUGE News?

What? You want more from me? Well, I just so happened to have finished my latest Trailer mashup! That's right ladies and gents and little germs, I bring you Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie Epic Trailer!


Taking the background sounds from the classic original Alien trailer, I spliced in clips from my other favorite movie and Saturday morning TV show. Hope you enjoyed it!

Till next time - Take your comments out of your pocket and leave them below! Want to read my updates as soon as they come out? - Click on the Subscribe button to the right of the main page!With that Dear Readers, remember if you're given the opportunity to work at a theme park featuring the title creature from a monster movie, pass... it never ends up well and if you're an usher or tour guide, you can pretty much write off any future plans you may have made.



No comments: