Monday, June 17, 2013


It's Monday... again... 

  Well I hope everyone had a great and relaxing weekend. Mine was pretty interesting, I went to my first dance lesson! No... not like Showgirls. That's not dancing. While I'm sure I could get the moves down, no one, believe me no one would want to see that spinning around a pole. No... no one should ever have to see me do that... Actually my wife and I took our first lindy hop lesson and I gotta admit it was a blast. It really worked the legs and it was probably one of the most complete total body workouts I've had in a long time. It's funny though as you start learning the moves, you get pretty confident. You get so confident you picture the way you dance looks something like this:



Yes, I know, that is actually a kick ass variation of the shim sham, not the lindy hop. But that's not the point. The point is I felt confident and awesome...until they made us change partners at which point I realized I actually looked a bit more like this:


I'm still learning so I should be forgiven.

In other news... 

Man of Steel opened this weekend and judging from the box office, it was a pretty successful opening weekend taking in $125million domestic and another $71.5million overseas for a worldwide take of nearly $200million this far. What does this tell us? Well, a lot of people went to the movies... it's hard to break down the success of Man of Steel without hard ticket sales numbers. So far, there is no info on the number of 2D vs 3D screenings. The real test will be next weekend when we see how many people listen to word of mouth. Judging from the split reviews on RottenTomatoes and from friends, some loved it, some hate it so that's up in the air. Kal-El is also getting stiff competition from World War Z and the kid friendly Monsters University. What did I think of the movie? Well you're going to have to head over to Flick Show Ticket to get my review. I'm evil like that!


On the cool news of the day front, there is a new international trailer out for Riddick! Have a look wont you? 




  I gotta say, I like what I see here. The teaser and the first full trailer were pretty cool, but it looks like our favorite antihero has gone back to his roots. I was a fan of Pitch Black, I thought Chronicles of Riddick was okay, but it took the character and put him in a roll he never should have been in as a true hero. You gotta remember this guy is a murder and a criminal. Sure he's got some sort of moral code, and he is a bad ass, but that doesn't make him a nice guy! Still though, looking forward to this one.

On that note, I'll leave you for this morning. If something cool happens during the day I'll make you awares. And remember dear readers, don't abuse turtles. You never know... that one you flipped over onto its back could come in contact with glowing radioactive ooze, get really big, learn mad ninja skills and then find you and kick the ever loving crap out of you. Same goes for wolves, bores, and rhinos.


No comments: