Friday, June 14, 2013

Unintended last minute post of the day...

There's a Friday the 13th complete series Blu-Ray box set coming out?


How in the mother of pearl did I not hear about this? I catch a glimpse of some random box art and I am completely dumbfounded. In case you weren't aware, I pretty much love EVERYTHING that has to do with the original 8 Friday films when they were released in the 80's. I got to see all of them on TV 20 out of Detroit so I got a lot of fond memories watching these on the TV in my parent's room under the covers.

  It's...it's...it's BEAUTIFUL! Now here are the specs as they're known thus far:

Disc 1: Friday the 13th
Disc 2: Friday the 13th Part 2
Disc 3: Friday the 13th Part 3 in 3D
Disc 4: Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter *
Disc 5: Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning * / Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives *
Disc 6: Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood * / Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan *
Disc 7: Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday * / Jason X *
Disc 8: Freddy vs. Jason
Disc 9: Friday the 13th (2009, Theatrical Version and "Killer Cut" Extended Version)
Disc 10: Killer Bonus DVD Disc

I think it's odd that the last six movies are doubled up and not getting their own discs. I know fans like myself are going to irked because the latter films were the ones that got cut for content the most, so this cramped disc space pretty much rules out any significant bonus features or deleted scenes. But then, the night is young, final specs aren't yet listed. One thing for concern is for Friday the 13th Part 3... it's listed as "in 3D" but does that mean it's finally getting a proper Blu-Ray 3D release? Or are they recycling the red/blue anaglyph 3D disc that's been sitting on store shelves for years? I hope not! Since this was one of the first Polarized 3D releases EVER, I hope it gets the treatment it deserves. I always had my fingers crossed Scream Factory would get this release but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Still, it'll be fun to have them ALL in HD. We'll just have to wait and see if the price point is worth it.

OKAY, baring any incredible news along the lines of me growing a third arm or magically pulling the solution to cold fusion out of thin air, this should be my last post of the day. Check out the final part to my Superman Retrospective and have yourself a great, wonderful, and safe weekend of fun!

 

No comments: