Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What Do You Do When You're Melting?


SO, yeah still no AC. I waited all day for the building maintenance guy to show up, only to get a call at 5:00 from the manager telling me they canceled the work order and instead are going to order us a new one. That's fine, but the new unit doesn't get here till Monday! It's not even 9:AM and this is what it feels like in here:

 

Thanks to Cult Movies gif and Screenshots for posting this great scene from Incredible Melting Man!


Onwards dear readers! 

Speaking of melting, as you all may or may not know, I'm trying to get back into shape. I was a big guy all through high school and into college. At my worst, I went nearly 3 bills, easy. See proof below:


I decided to make some changes. After getting hooked on the Herbalife nutrition products and successfully getting my butt into the gym, I tore off a better part of 115 pounds! Again proof below:

Damn I love that Batman shirt, too bad it has huge holes in the armpits. Soon after, I met my amazing wife, we were quite healthy people and did alright diet wise. She was a runner, I worked out on machines when I could... then we moved to Colorado; The Land of Delicious Beer and Pizza. Not to mention an incredible ice cream and candy shop here in town, and with the blazing Colorado Summer Sun keeping me inside eating delicious cold foods, it didn't take long before I was back to looking like this:



 Nothing quite like a picture of yourself with unflattering Man Boobs to get you motivated.  Not to mention the fact that I wore loose cargo pants for virtually an entire year... and I can't guarantee I wore different pairs, they all looked alike! While I didn't gain back the entire 115 pounds, I was probably a rock flabby 50-60 pounds heavier here. That said, starting this last January, I entered a virtual weight loss challenge my sister was hosting, I redoubled on my nutrition plan, started cutting out the beer, pizza and candy like a good boy! And with tons of encouragement and support from my wife, I've so far dropped down over 30 pounds in the last 5 months! How did I do it? Read on dear readers, read on!

I started going to the gym again...


I started doing yoga...(Downdog Image Too Graphic for Internet)

I got me some really great, super light and comfortable hiking and trail running shoes...


And I kept at it. Little by little, day by day, Progress was slowly made. Due to all this effort, I now am dead sexy...Accept I'm alive.

this is me being Alive Sexy

With Man of Steel opening this weekend, I thought I was in perfect shape to sport my favorite shirt to the show...

 
 There's just one problem, IT DOESN'T FIT!!!


It may look like it fits okay, but trust me, it doesn't! I am swimming in the thing now. In this pic I'm puffing up my chest and forcing my gut out just to get the "S" visible! Cub Scouts could camp under me with enough safe room to light a fire! If I had mad Patric Swayze dance skills, I could totally jump up in the air, spin around and do a complete 360 turn and the shirt wouldn't even MOVE! Now I see that with 2 days left before opening day, I don't have enough time to gain all that weight back! Not that I'd want to, but damn it! I love that shirt and now it's a bedspread. Could be worse, not sure how... Guess I'll just have to go out and replace it. Maybe I should save this shirt and wrap up my first born son in it when he enters the world?

Special thanks to my cat Basil for making the concentrated effort to photobomb EVERY picture I took of myself.

Kitler Cat

Anyway, That's all for today folks! Be sure to drop by Movie Kid Memories later this afternoon for my feelings on Superman III! I actually have to watch it again, it's been so long since I'd seen it. Till next time, remember to double check there is an adequate supply of TP in the stall before commencing the final countdown to launch. 



No comments: