Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Superman, Video Games, Clint Eastwood Directing a Musical??? Oh MY!


HOWDY folks! Got a pretty packed day today between writing, blogging and our AC unit is out and will hopefully get fixed today... We're due for mid 90's... again. So before my computer starts heating up the room to a measure I can't tolerate, I have to dash out today's posts as fast as I can. Buckle up... it's going to be a bumpy ride! Spelling errors be damned!

SUPERMAN!!! In addition to part two of my Retrospective, the first reviews are coming in for Man of Steel, and so far they're pretty positive! As of this writing, it currently holds a 73 on Rottentomatoes! With only about 35 reviews in, there is still plenty of room for it to sink or swim. So if you don't mind your movies being blown and spoilers being tossed around like candy at a parade, go ahead and give them a read. Apparently Warner Bros. is so confident in their little opus, early reports bouncing around the interwebs this morning have it that Man of Steel Director and Writer team Zach Snyder and David S. Goyer are being fast tracked to get to work on a sequel. So there is that...


In the WTF section of the day...

According to Collider, Clint Eastwood is Directing the film adaptation of the stage show Jersey Boys? Read the Story here. Is this a new development? Has this been going on all the time? I knew he was trying to get another remake of "A Star Is Born" off the ground but I had no idea he was going this far with it. I know there are a lot of people that loved the show, so no doubt it'll make bank. But I have a hard time picturing Outlaw Josey Wales directing song and dance numbers... at least the cast won't be empty chairs.


 
 NEXT on the list...

Sony has announced full specs for PS4! 

It's already available for preorder on Amazon!

Right from the get go it would appear that the ball is firmly in Sony's court. This new system allows for hassle free game trading and used sales, it doesn't need to be connected to the internet at all times, and is a FULL $100 less than the X-Box One.

The icing on the cake is this little demo video on how to exchange games on the PS4.


 










While I was never a big fan of X-Box, I've always been a casual gamer so I never thought one system was better than the other, I will say Microsoft seems to have lost the PR war on this round. They had every chance to own the day and they botched every chance they had. They could have put rumor and speculation to bed quick, but they remained guarded and quiet. They gave Sony the perfect opportunity to sit back, wait for gamer input, and then strike. Hats off to them for taking advantage of it.


That's it for now, be sure to drop by Movie Kid Memories for my thoughts on Superman II. Also later this evening I should be able to get up my latest edition of RiffTuesday

Thanks for reading, and remember to wear underwear, chafing is a common cause for skin rashes and plumber butt is the number one leading factor for embarrassment in both men and women.



No comments: