Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday 7/19

Yup... another day, another year older!

Yes, yes, today is my Birthday. Wooo! And it's on a Friday! Double Wooo! But you know, oddly enough, I don't feel any older. It was weird my wife kept asking me throughout the week what I wanted to do on my birthday... and all I could do was shrug my shoulders. Without her reminding me, I think I would have forgotten all about it! Still though I do have one ritual that has gone on since way way back in the long long ago - go to the movies! Ever since I was like 4 years old and my mom and her friends would go to the Ann Arbor Art Fair on my birthday, I got to either go to a movie or pick any movie I wanted at the video store. Ever since it's stuck with me. Since there are new releases today, my choices fall between The Conjuring - which looks awesome, and RIPD - aside from Jeff Bridges looks like poo. You'd think the obvious choice would be to go see The Conjuring, it's a horror movie and actually has a fresh tomatometer rating on Rotten Tomatoes - but you would be wrong.

When you consider that such cinematic gems as Halloween: Resurrection and Reign of Fire and numerous other bad movies were seen on this day of celebration... I am almost obligated to go see something quite craptacularly awesome.

Oh HELL YEAH!

Before I get to the main event of this post I have to remind you all that Comic Con is in full swing. Sure there are panels and there is a teaser of Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2, and the cast of The X-Files wants to do a third movie - but there is something even more important that that - TOYS!

Yes, thanks to the good folks at Collider - we get our first images of the classic 60's Adam West and Burt Ward Batman and Robin 6th scale figures from Hot Toys! Enjoy the Beauty!


Look at them! Look at them! They have extra hands! Bombs, Bat-cuffs! And a canister of Shark Repellant Bat-Spray! 

Look at the detailing! :) Batterrangs!


You see those hands with the two extended fingers? Yeah... that's right... you can do the Batusi!

I don't think life can get much better than that! Also worth an honorable mention:

 It looks like Sideshow is in full swing with their DC license. That Superman aint half bad, Catwoman and Harley Quin look pretty nice, but it's the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns Batman in the lower left that's got my interest! It's really really hard to be a nerd. Every year they make more stuff to buy that I can't afford! - bastards.

The Main Event!

Okay the moment you've all been waiting for: My latest AMAZING Epic Trailer! E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial! Now before I give this great prize to you, a little bit of context is needed. E.T. just so happens to be the very first movie I ever saw at the theater! No kidding! Really! I was hardly 6 weeks old-ish when my parents took my older sister to see the movie and I was along for the ride. But that's not all - the theater in my state of infancy made my parents PAY for a ticket for me! Not wanting to disappoint my sister, they obliged - we still have the ticket stub! Since I turn 31 today, I thought it was only fitting to give my first movie its very own Epic Trailer! Enjoy!

That's all I have for you this week, I'll be back on Monday with a new regular post as well as maybe 1 or 2 movie reviews! And with that, remember Dear Readers if it's yellow, let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down. If it's all the colors of the rainbow - go to a doctor because you might have eaten a leprechaun!  


No comments: